Hello, welcome there!
I’m Xuanli Lin, an ASU junior who is currently pursuing a Computer Science degree.
I have a lot of hobbies, and most of them are related to electronics and gadgets. I LOVE playing with computer hardwares, and in fact, I’ve built several PCs from scratch. Setting up and maintaining websites (including this blog you’re reading) is yet another activity I do for fun. I also consider myself a gamer, and I play, most prominently, DotA 2 and Civilization.
What I know
As a CS major student, I am, in fact, required to be familiar with major programming languages. However I’ve been teaching myself Python and HTML in the earlier years, so it weren’t a steep transition for me in the college. Anyways, I love Java, for its strict “grammar” and organized structures.
I am also familiar with major OS’s, for the most part. That ranges from Windows Registry, Linux command lines, to AOSP. As a matter of fact, I’ve troubleshot hundreds of problems and errors for my systems and my friends’.
Oh, there’s also a variety of software that I’ve got hand-on experience with. Adobe Premier and Photoshop, for instance. Online CMS such as this WordPress instance, is another software I’d love to play around. I am also getting started with Ruby framework. Do we need to mention Microsoft Office anyways?
I believe that once I’m committed to something, I’ll go wholeheartedly with it. Some people interpret that as me being “perfectionist”, but that’s not necessarily true. What I’m actually doing is to put in my BEST EFFORT within my ability.
Other notable mentions
- I occasionally program just for fun or to strengthen my knowledge. Here’s a link to my GitHub: https://github.com/l19980623. I’m working on rewriting that “Key Manager” with JavaFX, but unfortunately there’s no timeline available. Classes are busy from time to time!
- I like almost all kind of music. However Post-rock works the best while programming (at nights).
- I love people on the Facebook, but I hate Facebook apps itself: zero respect to Material Design guidelines, and drains too much battery. Fix it please, Mr. Zuckerberg.
- In case you’re still not aware, this bio page is hosted right on my personal blog. Unfortunately I write mainly in Chinese. You can use Google Translate for some jagged translations, I guess.
- I love Reddit! The ASU subreddit aren’t as popular as I thought, though. Feel free to chat me at /u/l19980623
That’s about it. Thanks for visiting my blog, and enjoy!
You can download my latest Resume, which is mostly the summary of my bio here.